We will get that resolved (Eric and I).

Jim Senicka

Sent from my Nokia E62 handheld by goodlink.

 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Friday, December 07, 2007 01:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time
To:     Eric Hennessey
Cc:     veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject:        Re: [Veritas-ha] best way for patching of cluster servers

Hi Eric,

That's funny, I've been told by Veritas Support that Veritas does not
support nodes in the same Cluster running at different Solaris patch
levels, no less different versions of Solaris.

Jon

             "Eric Hennessey"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ymantec.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             veritas-ha-bounce                                          cc
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]         veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
             urn.edu                                               Subject
                                       Re: [Veritas-ha] best way for
                                       patching of cluster servers
             12/07/2007 06:12
             AM

Hi Upen,

My guess is you spoke with Sun sales when you asked this question.  Try
rephrasing your question to your Sun contact.  Ask him/her if they will
support a collection of systems running Solaris 9 running at different
patch levels, without regard to them being clustered.  That you're running
VCS on these systems isn't Sun's support problem, it's ours, and we
unequivocally support mixing not only different patch levels but different
Solaris versions in the same cluster.  We do this so you can leverage the
cluster as an operational support tool to enable rolling upgrades of the OS
with a minimum of application down time.

The response you got sounds like it came from someone interested in selling
Sun Cluster.  Just because THEY won't support different patch levels and
Solaris versions in the same cluster doesn't mean WE won't.  :-)

Cheers!
Eric