Comments below with JS>>>

From: veritas-ha-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-ha-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of i man
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:36 PM
To: veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-ha] VCS Configuration 1

All,

I am trying to configure a VCS resource. Have some confusion regarding
the below points.

1)      I have created the online, offline, monitor, clean scripts. Can
anybody explain me how these scripts are called by VCS.

JS>>> They are called when a resource of that type is configured and
needs to do specific state changes. Once you have your type definition,
and an ABRAAgent in the ABRA directory, you then need to create a
resource of that type in the main.cf

I know I have defined the .cf file for the application but it seems they
are not called from the ArgList parameter. I cross checked with other
running applications as well and seems they are not called anywhere.
Does arglist by default call these scripts ?  I mean I was expecting
these scripts to be called at any configuration file.

JS>>> Huh? Sorry. The entry point scripts for a resource type are only
called when a resource of that type needs to be controlled. So unless
you have a resource of tyoe Oracle defined in a service group, the
Oracle entry points are not called. For that matter, the OracleAgent is
not even started

My .cf file looks like below

# more ABRA.cf
type ABRA (
        static int RestartLimit = 2
        static str ArgList[] = { Vandalhome, stupiduser }
        str Vandalhome
        str stupiduser
)

2)      One of the reasons for the above question is , I think all my
applications do not have a proper Clean procedure as the clean script
does not make sense to me. Just wanted to check if Clean is implemented
on the system or not.

 JS>>> You would have had to have implemented the clean procedure

3)      What agent attribute would be best suited for the resource to
wait for specific interval of time before starting the procedure.

The numerical value returned by online or offline sets the number of
seconds before monitor is called

Im toying with following attributes.

OnlineWaitLimit : But SADG Says "Number of monitor intervals to wait
after completing the online procedure, and before the resource becomes
online." : My requirement is to wait before starting the online
procedure

OnlineTimeout: Not convinced with this as well

ConfInterval: Had seen the implementation of this parameter in main.cmd
so not happy about it.

Ciao