From: veritas-ha-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-ha-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of vikram kashyap
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 7:23 AM
To: veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-ha] upgrading SF 5.0 MP1 on solaris 10( update 5) withlocal
zones

Hi Guys,

I am looking for SF 5.0 MP1 upgrade tips using pkgadd+patchadd instead of
"installsf"  script on a Solaris 10 box having local zones configured.

Can someone help if there is a documented procedure available to achieve this?

Actually I have tried the below steps which resulted in some errors related to
pkgadd/pkgrm

1) halt local zones.
2) Remove existing VRTS pkgs manually  on Global zone ( produces error on
removal as local zone is halted).
3) remove packages from local zone pkgrm -R /zone/hosts/<LOCALZONE/root (  not
recommended by SUN ...see  man pkgrm...)
4) pkgadd+ patchadd on GZ and reboot  -> complains about local zone not running.
5) local zone comes up as a part of system reboot

The above steps resulted in pkgs installed just in GZ and  nothing installed on
LZ.  I  wanted to know if the above steps will be good enough
or future OS patching or SF upgrade will be impacted.

TIA,
Vikram

      Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer
8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/