My only addition to the comments by the esteemed gentleman from Virginia is to
make sure you have a solid practice in place to manage cluster ID when you go
VLAN, as there may be cases when your network people “cross the streams”

From: veritas-ha-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-ha-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Eric Hennessey
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:59 AM
To: Jon Price; veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-ha] Cluster Interconnect cables: Direct connect orVLANs?

The configuration you’re considering – running your cluster interconnects over
two separate VLANs – is actually our preferred and recommended method, even
when deploying a simple 2-node cluster.  While using direct connections between
cluster nodes is simple and convenient, it becomes problematic if you decide to
add a node to the cluster.

Rest easy with your design. :-)

Eric