Over the last year my colleagues and I built a new Oracle Cluster using
VCS 5.0 MP3. We chose to stick w/ a tried and true technology, though
there were some peculiar changes in MP3. We have not used VCS Traffic
Director.

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 09:47 -0700, Andrey Dmitriev wrote:
> Hardware load balancers do not replace Cluster Ware like VCS. Maybe only in
> some sort of application or web sense (that's where a load balancer should've
> been used to begin with).
>
> There used to be a lot of VCS Oracle installations, but seems like Oracle has
> been successful in selling RAC.
>
> For things like NFS clusters, VCS is just too expensive, IMO, and people turn
> to other HA solutions, usually free ones, or come up with other solutions.
>
> -andrey

Charles H. Baker, Unix System Administration
Windstream Communications
charles.ba...@windstream.com | 864.331.7896 | 864.990.1297
Because you are alive, everything is possible. Thich Nhat Hanh