Hi all,

I have been reading docs for while now and cannot really get an answer
to my question.

My question has to do with file-system logging ("log" mount option) and
volume logging so to speak (using DRL). I am here talking about volumes
with VxFS (no UFS anywhere on the volumes I am considering).

Is it any good idea to combine them ? or are these two mechanisms
providing exactly the same protection (and then only one of them is
needed, risking corruption if using both at the same time). File-system
logging obviously makes sure that data is written in an intend log in
order to keep the file-system consistent as much as possible in the
event of a system crash. As for DRL, it seems like it offers a similar
protection but also makes sure that plexes remain consistent as much as
possible within a mirrored volume (thus helping to avoid a
resynchronization to take place between the plexes). So using both would
then make sense offering a higher level of protection and increasing
availability in case of a system crash.

Am I correct or am I missing / misunderstanding something !?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,
/Pascal