From: "Mohil, Gurminder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Sent: Friday, 8 December, 2006 3:26:18 AM
Subject: [Veritas-vx] Disk Name reported as "NONAME" and dmpnodename as "NONAME"

The following was done on this solaris 9.0 host to remove access to
certain SAN disks on c4 and c6.

1. vxdisk rm <disk name>

2. luxadm -e offline <path to the SAN disk>

3. Zoning removed so that the host can no longer see the SAN disks

4. devfsadm -C to clear /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk enteries

5. rm /dev/vx/dmp/<disk names> and /dev/vx/rdmp/<disk names> for disks
that were removed

Now when I do a vxdmpadm getsubpaths ctlr=c6 I get:

NAME         STATE      PATH-TYPE[M] DMPNODENAME  ENCLR-TYPE
ENCLR-NAME   ATTRS
========
c6t5006048AD52D45C9d128s2 ENABLED      -          EMC0_0       EMC
EMC0           -
c6t5006048AD52D45C9d181s2 ENABLED      -          EMC0_1       EMC
EMC0           -
c6t5006048AD52D45C9d182s2 ENABLED      -          EMC0_2       EMC
EMC0           -
NONAME       DISABLED     -          NONAME       HDS9980V     HDS9980V0
-
[...]

How can I get rid of the NONAME entries. Also vxdmpadm listctlr all  has
the following output:

CTLR-NAME       ENCLR-TYPE      STATE      ENCLR-NAME
c1              Disk            ENABLED      Disk
c0              Disk            ENABLED      Disk
c4              EMC             ENABLED      EMC0
c6              EMC             ENABLED      EMC0
c5              EMC             ENABLED      EMC0
c7              EMC             ENABLED      EMC0
c6              HDS9980V        DISABLED     HDS9980V0
c4              HDS9980V        DISABLED     HDS9980V0
c5              HDS9980V        ENABLED      HDS9980V0
c7              HDS9980V        ENABLED      HDS9980V0