> > Accessed how?
> >
> > Standard quick I/O is unbuffered, so sequential access will likely be
> > significantly slower.  Normal filesystem access will do read-ahead to
> > fill a buffer.
>
> Will Cached Quick I/O fill in the gap here?

Probably.

The whole ODM stuff should be where oracle folks are looking.  I'm much
less familiar with that than other aspects of VxVM/VxFS.

Google found this page...

<http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/products/Datasheets/Storage_Server_Management/SF_40_AIX_Perf_Report.pdf>

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]