I've gotten some info from Veritas sales on that as well.  My first
thought too was, "I need to look into that."  But then I starting
thinking about it...

If I have new storage to build or a data migration on a server, I'm just
going to go log into that server to do it.  Even a multi terabyte build
goes pretty damm fast in Veritas.  Why introduce a level of indirection
(and all the possible problems it may introduce itself)?  While we do
storage changes on a pretty regular basis, it doesn't consume a huge
amount of time (heck, I spend more time on change request approvals...).

And if there were an actual problem I was working on, I certainly don't
want a layer between me and what's broken -- problem diagnosis is
difficult enough as is, why introduce another level?

The one place I see this may play is in license management which
historically has been a really big pain, but with Veritas now off of
node locked licenses this has gotten MUCH easier.

Thus, I've decided to not take the Veritas nap, err, presentation as
well...though they do often have nice polo shirts :)

If I'm missing something concrete, I'd LOVE to hear it.  Perhaps the
blinders of my environment are too narrow.

Cheers,
 - Mike Myers, mike.myers <at> nwdc.net

P.S. As Michael Warnock pointed out, to the base packages, one should
add the man pages...