Munish Dhawan wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I have one DG having one volume which is a stripe  of 13 disks (
> single plex). Now
>
> vxassist -g dgname maxsize says No volume can't be made from these
> constraints.
> vxdg -g dgname free shows in length column of all 13 disks of value
> 128 blocks
>
> 1) my question is why vxassist maxsize is not showing any free space
> in DG ?

Perhaps your volume is already allocated all space on those disks? It
would be easy to
see in vxprint -ht <volume>
128 blocks is like 64k. basically nothing..

> 2) if I have to increase the volume. what is the minimum no of disks I
> have to add to the DG ? what would be the easiest and wisest way for
> doing this ?

theoretically one disk using vxassist relayout, but in practice you also
need a little scratch space in order for the relayout to do its thing.