> # vxassist -g g3700  maxsize usetype=swap
> VxVM vxassist ERROR V-5-1-752 No volume can be created within the given
> constraints
>
> Same command with fsgen usetype works fine :
>
> # vxassist -g g3700  maxsize usetype=fsgen
> Maximum volume size: 2239895552 (1093699Mb)
>
> Should I conclude that the swap usetype has been removed starting from
> 4.0 ?

I don't have a copy of 4.0.  I'm unable to replicate that error on my
Solaris/VxVM 4.1 machine (no problems creating multiple volumes with
usetype=swapvol), and I see examples of usetype=swap used in some 5.0
documents.  So it appears to be there in general.

Not sure if 4.0 has a bug associated with it.

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]