On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 05:56:15PM -0500, Romeo Theriault wrote:

> Thank you for pointing this out. Though when I run it I get this error.
>
> # vxdiskunsetup c4t2d0
> VxVM vxdiskunsetup NOTICE V-5-2-3522 c4t2d0: Disk is not a volume manager
> disk
>
> So I guess veritas doesn't seem to think it knows anything about the disk in
> this case. I also tried repartitioning and labeling the drive then running
> vxdclt enable but it is still showing up as auto:sliced with a status of
> error. I'm leaning towards leaving it alone at this point as it doesn't seem
> to be causing any problems.

It shouldn't cause any problems, but you can likely get rid of it by
adding it back into VxVM and then unsetting it again.

# /usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxdisksetup -i c1t8d0
# vxdisk list | grep t8
c1t8d0s2     auto:cdsdisk    -            -            online
# /usr/lib/vxvm/bin/vxdiskunsetup c1t8d0
# vxdisk list | grep t8
c1t8d0s2     auto:none       -            -            online invalid

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]