I  forgot to mention that we are seeing the performance hit when compared to
UFS filesystems.   All filesystems (VxFS and UFS) are mounted with the
default options.  All are SAN disks tied to EMC Symmetrix in the backend
with dual paths.  Server is running Solaris 10.  Veritas version is 5.0 MP1.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:07 PM,

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a VxFS filesystem.  Veritas Netbackup
is run on this server.  I have created 1TB filesystems (10 or so of them).
These are mounted as /cache1 thru /cache10.  And files are backed up to
these filesystems before they are transferred to tapes.  I have had the
Backup and Restore team complain about slow performance on the filesystems
(understandably so).  Anybody has any recommendations on what mount options
I should use (currently it is mounted using delaylog option) and tunefstab
parameters (if any)?

Thank you.