On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 1:24 AM, Pavel A Tsvetkov <p...@technoserv.ru>wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> Just one interesting question for me and perhaps for other people...
>
> There is some application running on VxFS (officially supported). We want
> to use this application on two nodes in parallel.
> It means we must use CVM and CFS.

> Can we use CFS instead of VxFS  for that application?

No, you can't. You need to have a locking mechanism which can avoid
corruption (like the oracle database does when you set directio): this
locking mechanism is one central piece of cluster file system. VxFS, like
any other fs, uses Posix single-writer lock. In your case, this lock on a
node 1 doesn't have any knowledge of the similar lock on the node 2, thereby
leading to corruption.