Wow.. I have just updated from beta to 1.0.2, and the app is
sooooooooooo sluggish.. WTF happened, folks?
I guess it has something to do with Versions updating status of ALL
registered working copies in the background.

I have about may be 30 or 40 working copies configured in Versions
right now, and Versions reeeeally is taking its time to update all of
them, bringing my Mac's HD to its knees (iMac's I/O was never very
fast to begin with..)

Can I have some way to TURN THE GODDAMN "SMART" FEATURE OFF may be??

BTW, the "waiting for transactions to finish" most probably is related
to the background updating process which you can't stop AFAIK. Sucky
sucky.. These experiments really should've been done during beta
testing...