Here's something that seems odd to me.  I often press the update
button on Versions and then go off to do something else while the
update happens.  This typically involves going off the current space
to a different one where, for example, my email program or my browser
lives.

What strikes me as odd is that after completing the update, even if
there is no dialog box, versions will grab focus, abruptly ripping me
out of the application on which I am working, and even pulling me off
my current virtual desktop.

It seems appropriate for Versions to do this when it needs to pop up a
dialog box to warn me that something has not gone well, or in another
abnormal case.  But if the update goes smoothly, I don't see any
reason for Versions to grab focus when it's done.

Cheers,