I've got the same issue happening with some frequency now.  I'm using
the latest versions (1.0.3, I think),  and it seems like it's only
been happening since I upgraded to 10.5.6.  I'm on a mac pro (early
2008) and my svn is stock (if it was ever upgraded, versions would
have done so.)  If this is happening to anyone else,  maybe we can
find a commonality in our setups to figure out why it's happening?