Are you sure, Ray?  When I option+drag to copy in the working copy I
get an ADD entry in the transcript and I have to perform a commit, so
it's definitely doesn't look like a cheap copy to me.

I tried this with both folders and individual files with up-to-date
revisions and got the same results each time.