View > Show Updates From Repository (⇧⌘U)
View > File Browser Columns > Data Status In Repository

Just be aware that it will slow down refreshes of the local status. One of the nice things about SVN is that the local working copy stores a copy of the base revision, so `svn status` doesn't require network access — unless you specifically check against the server. It's not Versions being slow, it's just an inherent downside to hitting the SVN server. However, the convenience of seeing updates on the server might outweigh the cost... :-)

 - Quinn