Same arguments as those against supporting git in the same app apply here. Mercurial and Bazaar are very similar to git (all three are distributed version control systems) and unfortunately (for those who might wish to develop commercial software around them) also under GPL. That's not to say those systems don't have merit (they certainly do) but from a paradigm standpoint, they don't "fit" well with Subversion. A dedicated app would be a better bet, but I think the devs have made clear that while that might be a consideration for the future, it's not a near-term goal.

 - Quinn