Hi veddermatic,

Any chance that the filesystem on that NAS volume is case-sensitive?

When I look at the output you posted, the “s”-es in “settings” are
lowercase in all of the file names in the error message, and uppercase
in the directory listing.  Also, while both of these:

“._button_apply323Settings.gif.svn-work*”
“button_advanced323settings.gif.svn-work*”

exist in the props directory, I don't see a file named:

“._button_advanced323settings.gif.svn-work”

Can you let me know which protocol you're using to access the NAS
volume from your Mac? (SMB, AFS, NFS?)  There might be some known
problem with case-sensitivity and the protocol you're using, but
that's just a wild guess on my behalf -- it may not even be related to
the trouble you're experiencing.

The easiest way to fix this probably goes like this:

1. Temporarily move anything with uncommitted changes you want to keep
elsewhere (outside of your working copy)
2. Delete the “buttons” directory from your working copy (Finder
delete, not svn delete)
3. Update your working copy
4. Place those files you set aside back and commit your changes

Note that if anything you moved out of the way is actually a folder,
you'll have to delete the “.svn” folder that's in there before you add
it back to the working copy, to avoid confusing SVN..

Good luck and let me know how it works out,
- Dirk

the Versions team