An update tells me there's nothing to update and that I'm at the latest revision. The issue is not svn, nor the method carried out to resolve a conflict. The issue begs the question why Versions doesn't mark the file as clean, it just sits there to assume the file has been modified yet that version is actually already in the repo and and update doesn't change anything since svn already knows it's up to date.

The only solution to this is to checkout the working copy, which refreshes the bookmark and everything looks as it should. But this is an arduous process if there are ignored files and such.

Does this make it any clearer? Sorry if Im being heavily detailed but it's extremely frustrating.