I've already sent this to David, but in case anyone else comes across this
thread, to switch from the Mac App Store version to direct download, send
an email to supp...@blackpixel.com with your Mac App Store purchase receipt
for Versions (only Apple has access to your purchase information) and we'll
switch you over.

If you don't have a copy of your Mac App Store receipt, here's an Apple
support article with instructions for locating it:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727

Jack

the Versions team
versionsapp.com