That was indeed the problem


On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:01:11 PM UTC-8, Woofbeans wrote:
>
> I am trying to check in a file that does not exist in the branch but I 
> keep getting told that it "is already under version control".
>
> I tried creating a brand new branch and even tried renaming the file but I 
> still get the same message. I tried with a different file and didn't get 
> the message so it is something specifically about this file, two things 
> which may be of relevance:
>
> 1) It was previously checked in but to a different branch and has since 
> been deleted from that branch. The file I am trying to check into this new 
> branch had been placed onto my computer by syncing, then copying/pasting. 
> Is there therefore some metadata somehow attached to the file which 
> Versions can see and is thus preventing it from checking in? 
>
> 2) It is an Xcode workspace file and thus not really a single file and in 
> OS X these types of files are bundles which are therefore actually folders. 
> However I have had no previous problems checking in this type of file 
> before.
>
> Version 1.1.11 on OS X 10.7.5
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Versions" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/versions/-/rqxK0GaByUcJ.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/versions?hl=en.

Reply via email to