On Tue, 24 May 2005, Jamie C wrote:

py2exe fails when it tries to import Qt. Qt for windows isn't free, so
adding it would be a pain.
The developers do let you use Qt 2.3 (fairly old) on windows for free
- will Veusz work with this, Jeremy? This also has a catch in that it
will only compile with MS visual studio 6, though I think MS gives
away free command-line versions of its compilers so that might not be
a problem.

Qt has changed quite a bit since Qt 2.3. I don't think it will work. However Trolltech are releasing Qt 4 for Windows under the GPL, so I'll be able to provide Windows versions once I've moved Veusz to Qt 4. PyQt for Qt4 is currently being worked on. I can't give a date when Veusz will work with Qt 4 yet, however.

Anyway, to me it looks like the easiest way to play with Veusz on
windows is probably WinKnoppix, unfortunately. Though if Veusz will
play nice with the older Qt I'm happy to set up my machine and produce
binaries for releases... actually you can probably do it yourself in
Wine without much effort.

Yes - I think Knoppix may be required. However, it may compile using cygwin using an X server, much as it should work with Mac OS X under those conditions.

It might be interesting to try this out on my windows partition at home.

There are a couple of places in the code which assume unix paths (mainly just the settings handling part). I don't think much work is required to fix these for Qt4. I've mainly moved to using os.path.join, instead of building up strings by hand. Windows can work fine with "/" instead of "\" nowadays anyway.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.jeremysanders.net/                Cambridge, UK