Hi all

Interesting - I've seen the smoothing in SVG. I don't think there's any way to switch it off in the file format. I don't think there are options to disable compression Qt's PDF export. I should file a bug report about the Pdf, as I don't think it's the correct default behaviour (if anyone else has time please feel free to do this).

As you suggest, using rectangles mostly works, though in practice, you get annoying light lines between the rectangles due to anti-aliasing in PDF viewers, etc.

One solution is to resample the image to a higher resolution - this should reduce the effect of the smoothing and the compression. In fact the default image widget will do this if the image x and y grid is not regular. The downside is the extra space used in the output file.

So Michael, you could try making the 2D dataset slightly irregular in its gridding. This should force veusz to resample the image to higher resolution. I can't remember how it chooses the resampled image size, but I think it takes the smallest difference between bin widths and resamples to that (with some limit).

I should add an option to resample to XXX DPI.

Chers

Jeremy