Not sure it's just ancient academic pipelines. Libreoffice impress accepts eps images but not pdf...

On 07/18/2016 11:16 PM, Christian Ambros wrote:
Hi,

it depends whether one is working in more old school scientific areas where the benefits of pdf over e/ps aren't that present and the people stick to there very old pipelines, they are using for 20 years. You can't teach an old dog new tricks! But getting rid of e/ps is overdue for at least 10 years. Pdf has some advantages over ps/eps like they are easy to parse when ocr is used. Images can be taken from them and their data can be made available again. ps/eps have to be first translated to pdf to use all this on them. Python3 has good pdf-parsers for processing in PI and it's latex generators are fine to. So there is no loss when e/ps isn't supported any more. One finally can get rid of all that ancient ballast.

Cheers,
Christian
-- "A little learning never caused anyone's head to explode!" "Ein wenig Lernen hat noch niemandens Kopf zum Explodieren gebracht!"