Dear Martin

On 06/09/16 20:16, Martin Valencia wrote:

I really appreciate much your help. Unfortunately, my knowledge on
Phyton language is essentially nothing. However, I am impressed with the
simplicity of Veusz and the quality of the plots. Here, I am attaching
an example of one of the plots of my data. So far, I have found
everything I need at hand with no need to add Phyton based formulas. I
am starting with a tutorial, but meanwhile, I thought that there may be
a solution to fix one column and plot it against the other ones at a
time (it is basically needed when you have a large dataset). Actually,
the labels for the chemical elements are individual labels I wrote since
I understand the dataset should contain only numbers (?). I thank you
for this marvelous program (I can do this in excel, but the resulting
plots are ugly).

You can also use text datasets for plotting labels. You can either import a dataset as text, or enter in manually in the Data Edit dialog box. Using an XY widget, set the "Labels" setting to point to the text dataset. You can alternatively use the Label widget and set the Label setting to point to the text dataset. There are various formatting options for the positioning of the label.

Best wishes

Jeremy