Howdy, Boys!  I'm still in the hospital, but have managed to get
online, and better yet am actually able to type and use the computer
a little bit.  My "overnight" stay is now three weeks, with no
release date yet scheduled. For those who didn't know, i had my
prostate removed on the 11th,  but unexpected kidney problems arose,
and it was nip and tuck for a couple weeks, with complications
typical of renal failure...  heart problems (got up to 188b/s),
messed up electrolytes, fluid retention (about 50 pounds of retained
fluids at the peak), dialysis.  For my part I was totally wiped out
and just hanging on.

Today things are dramatically improved, I am recovering strength,
some of my appetite has returned (no more diet restrictions),  blood
tests are normal and my energy is slowly returning.  I won't be doing
a lot online yet, but I took this chance to let you know things are
looking up.  The only reason I am still hear is an abdominal urine
leak that they are trying to nudge closed without resorting to more
surgery.

My kids created a blog which contains more detail, if any of you are
interested:

  tomdavenport.blogspot.com

Love to all, thanks for your prayers and well wishes.

Tom Davenport

Home Page: http://homepage.mac.com/tsmd
Webshots Albums:  http://community.webshots.com/user/tsmdav