Chuck, if you feel proficient enough, you might consider doing a program
at one or more of your Civic Clubs like Rotary, etc. I did this a few
years back, giving a fly tying/fishing demonstration.  At the end of the
meeting I had 7 Rotarians come up and ask if I would teach a fly tying
class for them.  I did.  Upshot is that 5 of the seven are still tying
flies and fly fishing.  How do I know this?  I'm in that Rotary Club.
 You could do a demo and ask any interested folks if they'd like to join
a Fly Fishing club that you're forming.  Seems that lots of civic club
members are fly fishers.

JIMMY D