Things you need:

1. Gudebrod Braided Butt Leader
2. Guitar string
3. Surgical tubing
4. Insta-Cure(similar to crazy glue)
5. Scissors

Here's the step by step.

Insert guitar string into the braid approximately 2-3 inches

Place end of braid into the middle of the guitar string

Pull guitar string along with the end of the braid back through itself

Apply a drop or 2 of insta-cure

Cut a small piece of clear surgical tubing (don't use heat shrink tubing) and
place it over the guitar string

Place end of braided loop inside the guitar string loop

Pull braid through the tubing

Start inserting your fly line into the braid

Clip the frayed ends of the braid

Pull the tubing down to where the braid ends on the fly line

Apply a drop of Insta-cure on each end of the tubing

There you have it; these loops will last for a full year's worth of fishing.
Again I never had 1 fail on me doing it this way, I replace them once a year. I
will be putting up a video on Youtube sometime soon and will post the link here.

Attached thumbnail(s)

 Image Reduced
(1.2MB)

 Image Reduced