From: Wes Wada <wada....@gmail.com>
Subject: [VFB] A Fly Design Question
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 10:32 PM

Hi VFB,

It's spring here (finally).  This winter seemed r-e-a-l-l-y long.

I have a fly design question / challenge / problem.

I have been using microfibetts to make antennae for terrestrials.  But
one fiber is really too thin.  If I glue three together, I get a good
diameter, but it's a lot of trouble.  The taper to the end of the
fiber is important.  Standard paint brush fiber width is good, but
normal bristles on those brushes don't taper.

Artist's paintbrushes would work, if I could find ones with bristles
at least 1-1/2" long. And boy would that brush be expensive.

Can anyone think of a durable product I can use?  I could use
something like bear hair, but a synthetic in clear or white would be
preferable.

Any ideas of where to look?

Thanks,
Wes Wada