If this is true confessions, several years back I moved from one place
on the river to another.  I did not want to break down the rod
completely so I just took it apart enough to fit in the car.  Jumped
in and went to the next spot.  Just after starting up the car I heard
a loud crack.   I did not know what it was but when I got to the next
site I found that the fly had come off the hook keeper and then the
wheel had been hooked as the wheel rotated  - well you get the rest.
Really stupid.  I am pretty careful now.

Mike