From: Rene Zillmann <rene.zillm...@t-online.de>
Subject: [VFB] Re: tools now Packing Hair
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, August 24, 2009, 1:05 PM

Tony, Paul,
thanks for your answers.
I've got somehow a similar experience with this. When I started to try
spinning, I thought best will be the bare hook. And yes, the hair spins
well. On the other hand I noticed that the fly is instable - to be
precise I had the impression, that the thread cuts the hair if I use too
much tension. Later I moved to a thread base, and I had to be more
precise (especially thread tension control) to get it spin, but i found
out that the hair was not so often cut in pieces. This is for sure a
question of the quality of hair - but when using the same patch, with
the thread base I loose less hair (On the hook <G>)
Guess I will continue with the tread base.
Rene