I'll tell you what I need them for. Every odd numbered 2nd year, there is a
run of pink salmon (humpback) to this part of British Columbia - basically
the Fraser River sytem.  Every even numbered year - the pinks run to other
areas of BC- notably the Queen Charlotte Islands in northern BC.

I have usually fished for pinks in the Fraser in past years, and although I
have caught them in saltwater I was never as successful as I felt I should
have been.  it seems that I have been using flies that are too big, because
the pinks in saltwater feed on euphasid aka krill which are small - hence
the size 10 hooks. I didn't know that you could get saltwater hooks in  size
12.  I will try and post a photo of the type of fly that I am tying in the
File Section of Google groups.

http://www.flyfishbc.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/1762

Neville (Nev) Gosling
Greater Vancouver,