Yeah, I like the Lamsons, been using Orvis mostly. Haven't fished salt yet,
but I'm sure I will eventually.

From: vfb-mail+ow...@googlegroups.com
[mailto:vfb-mail+ow...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Ordes
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 3:57 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] reels

Since you're not going to depend on the reel to take a beating and keep on
reeling, I'd say take a look at Cabelas.

They should carry a 7wt and you can probably get one for under $150, maybe
less.

I wouldn't take one of these to the salt, and I doubt that's where you're
taking it, since you don't play the fish on the reel.

That's my 2 cents, anyway.  I have a Lamson on my 7/8 wt and I've landed 30
pound dorado with it.  Drag worked flawlessly.