below...
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: chuckalexan...@hughes.net
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 10:30 PM
  Subject: [VFB] Rope dubbing

  DonO: I still have problems with the short fibered dubbings, like Hare's ear
that has been cut off and blended together. Any words of wisdom on that???

  You're trying too hard (a typical problem).  Grab a clump, tie it down, rope
it with the tips of your fingers of both hands while you keep tension.  Start
with a little at first, making a slim fly. Get it to rope- then shape it- then
wrap.  Once you get the feel, use more and it will be easier.  There's no such
thing as 'cheating' the technique, but you may be doing more than you need to.
  K.I.S.S.  ;o)  Keep it simple.

  Yeah, you can 'pre-noodle' your dubbing, but that's a step you can cut out,
and with some dubbings, it will over-confine the dubbing and give you less
shaping ability while it's being roped, and you won't be able to tease it out
as much, since it is being 'double-twisted'.

  Some dubbings work well with the little spinning tool, but I rarely use it.
It's best used when the fibers are such that it takes more spinning than
shaping to get the rope to tighten.  It's a 'trial and maybe' thing.

  Also, Didn't you say that ppl who bought the DVD could go to your website and
download "extras" or something like that??? or was i seeing things again LOL.
Thanks, Chuckles

  Like I said, I'm re-doing my website from scratch.  When complete, it will
have all the goodies and more.  DonO

  Please see our fly fishing hand made furled leaders at:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/you_wear_it_well_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ
  Please see our all time low prices for the wintertime