forget these CD’s as back up for your valuable datas – today you get
external hard discs 500 Giga for under 100 bucks!

Thomas Eckert

  _____

From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of chuckalexan...@hughes.net
Sent: Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2009 04:52
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] RE: Photographing Flies

I know what you mean about losing pics. I almost gave myself a heart attack
last night. A while back, I had dumped tons of pics from my computer cause
my hard drive was filling up. Well, I label all mine (F&F pics, for Family
and Friends pics). And I have backups on CD's. And last night I was
transferring the pics from the CD's to my new laptop when I accidently
ERASED CD #1 of F&F pics, which included the birth day pics of my oldest
grand daughter.. Man, I was just about to cry when I found a SECOND copy of
that CD.. Good think I like to wear both belt and suspenders LOL.. I'm gonna
make THREE copies now, and have one at a safe deposit box, one at home and
one at my other place in case one of them burns down...Then, I'll have a 4th
and 5th set on my computers.It also had TONS of my earliest fly
fishing/tying pics on it as well. I don't even remember making a second
copy, but I'm glad I did. I'm funny about pics like this cause when I was
16, my Mom had died the year before and daddy had married a "practicing
witch" and she burned all but a few of the pics we had of my Momma...Sorry
if this post seems off topic, but it really ain't cause my early fly fishing
and tying pics are invaluable to me as well. Specially since some of the
pics were of us taking my grand daughter in the boat fishing when she was
three MONTHS old.  Chuck