To: <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2010 12:00 PM
Subject: [VFB] Not a Dumb Question #1 (Shooting Heads)

OK, Jimmy has challenged us to admit that there is stuff that we don't know and ask about it, so here I go: I have never fished with a shooting head, although I have read about them. Do we have any shooting head experts out there who use them regularly? How do you cast and load them? What are the main advantages/disadvantages? Where do you get them, and are some brands better than others? Are they primarily made to use as a sinking line, or can they be used dry as well? Can you switch heads for different purposes? How far should a good caster be able to cast one?

Thanks in advance,

Tom