From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Jimmy D. Moore
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:20 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VFB] QUOTE FOR THE DAY - Fly Fishing Friends

I wrote this one for the book, but maybe it needs a little explaining.

"Good fly fishing friends should meet face to face and rod to rod."

What I've written below and in the attachment, explains the quote
We have fly fishing friends we can see and visit. Then we have those
friends hat we've met and grown to call friend, on fly fishing e-mail lists.

Some of my fly fishing list friends are as close to me as other friends I've
had
for years, although I haven't met most of them in person.

I'm sure you know what I mean.. . . Allan Fish, Tony Spezio, Don Ordes,
LarryJohnson, Doyle Sowersby, Iain Short, Jeff Frye, Deb Duran, Chuck
Alexander, Bruce Whittle, Dean Larson, Joe Fusco, Joyce Westfall, Keith
Passant, ReneZillmann, Nick Runarsson, Rick Zieger, Chris Cook, Ian
Mitchell,
and on and on . .

If I left you out, I'm truly sorry, for I count all of you on the fly
fishing lists to which I belong as friends. Those above were the ones that
came to mind mosteadily

My wife Jody will second that. She has a warm place in her heart for the
friends she made on the VFB, FFW, and HCFF lists who participated in
the Courage Swap, which Rick Zieger suggested - Jody calls the 50 fly tyers
who participated in the swap her RAINBOW ANGELS. Believe me, they
made a difference in Jody's bout with breast cancer. BTW, she's been cancer
free now for 6 years. To see the Courage swap flies, cilck on the
attachment..

Have a Goodun !

JIMMY D

************ **** ><((((((((º> *****************************************
JIMMY D. MOORE, ARS WB5RHT,author Moon Holler Misfits
Fishing & Hunting Club, Member, TOWA Past VP Guadalupe
River Trout Unlimited, North Zone Fishing Editor Emeritus,
Texas Fish & Game Magazine, VFB & FFW Moderator, Scout
Exec. BSA, Retired, http://bigtroutman.tripod.com/index.html

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=4242034/grpspId=1705063107/msgId
=9566/stime=1265213668/nc1=4025291/nc2=5191952/nc3=5922735>

04:09:00