I thought the Wikipedia piece was pretty comprehensive, but it had nothing to do with RULES. If you want to flip a lure on a fly rod, have at it. However, you'll be able to cast only a very few flies on a spinning rod and practically none on a bait casting rod unless it's a giant salt water fly. It's not whether or not you agree or disagree with the Wikipedia piece. That was just some good info and some of us, me included, are wiser from having read it.

JD

Jimmy D. Moore wrote:

Over the years we've had several discussions on what makes a fly a fly and a lure a lure. It's pretty well summed up below in a piece from Wikipedia.