I have to agree, although I try to duplicate when I do swaps. W/ some of my
go to flies, I tie a few the same, to make up for break offs, bad knots & to
give some away, but even w/ the go to flies I'll tie variants.

From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Don Ordes
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:37 AM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] QFTD

Rick,

Wow, this is the exact opposite of me... I have no 'comfortable rhythym' and
never tie two flies in a row the same, even on most swaps.  I will always
change something on every fly.

I look into the flyboxes of others and find rows of identical flies.  I look
into mine and am hard-pressed to find two just alike.

Who has the advantage?  Depends on the fish.  If his 6 or 12 fly patterns
don't work, he's done.  If one does work, he has lots of spares.  I have 100
patterns to see if one works.  And if I find one that works, hope it stays
together and I don't snag it up.

Like the commercial goes..."What's in you fly wallet?"