welcome home don speedy recovery
dave

From: Don Ordes
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 12:59 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] We're Back!!!!

Thanks Hans and everyone.  I guess you can imagine how relieved everyone is
here that the surgery turned out so well for us.  I don't know yet if I left
anyone there or if I picked up a hitch-hiker.

I tried to sleep in bed some of last night, and I must have turned so that I
was putting a lot of pressure on the surgery area, as I woke up in a lot of
pain, in that area.  Will sleep sitting up from now on. Following JimmyD's
route and taking a lot more of my pain meds than I was.  Will just mope around
today and convalesce, tie some flies, etc.

Mouth and tongue are numb and tingly, like coming off novacane (nerve damage).
Don't have all my taste buds,either.  Doc say only healing will tell.

Pain is gone, and that's what matters.  I can live with the rest.  Before
surgery I was about ready to access that nerve for the doc using my S&W 500.

Thanks Again,
Guys