On 5/10/2010 6:08 PM, Don Ordes wrote:
I like that article- nice grubs, but for me they are too hard to the 'feel'. I have some grubs that consist of vinyl wrapped loosely over a body of soft chennille, using vinyl cement as I go to 'weld' the overlaps together. This makes for a very 'squishy' feeling grub. Use a bead for the head and hiliters for color.
DonO, Not only are they hard to the feel, they are a pain in the butt to make look like his grub in the article. I gave up on using them in a swap because it takes me several tries and a couple of days to make one that I like. I may succeed yet, but for the time being I'm stymied. Seems there are too many things to get just right for this klutzy old phart. LOL

Rodger
P.s. I did finally get the heads to look presentable by slowing down my melting to a snail's pace.