From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Anthony Spezio
Sent: June 14, 2010 10:52 AM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] fly lines

David,
Some of these combos are really bad in the combination they set up. Most
will have a level line that requires some practice to master. Most of the
rods are soft and you have to really slow down your cast and make a definite
stop of the back and fwd cast.
In most cases the rod is not loading, this is where a heavier line might
help.
Another problem I find with a lot of package rods is the spine is not where
it should be. It may be off anywhere from 15 to 90 degrees. It is hard to
tell you what the problem is without casting the setup you have. Not to hurt
your feelings, you may not be casting that type of rod correctly. Try a
heavier line, if that works, your problem is fixed.
Tony