From: Joyce M Westphal <joyce...@gmail.com>
Subject: [VFB] re: winding bobbins
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 7:32 PM

I use the sewing machine to wind my copper wire bobbins. Wind from a big 6 inch
commercial electrical spool, held between my forefingers, straight to the
sewing machine bobbin winder, not running the wire through all the guides on
the sewing machine, but directly to the winder. Be careful to hold the biggest
spool even and steady, and you can wind a sewing machine bobbin of wire in a
few minutes.  The bobbin works great in standard spool holders. I also do the
Woolly nylon from the big spools to bobbins the same way. Much more economical
as you don't waste woolly nylon that way. Joyce