Evenin' guys;

This thread reminds me of when I went to one of my first fishing tackle shows.
There were these guys demonstrating how great the lure they were hawking was,
and how lively it was in the water. They would show how it would drop and then
how it would act when they twitched the rod a bit, etc. Quite realistic.

Then my dad said to me "You really think that lure acts like that in the water?
Just look how they are manipulating it, and from what angle." Sure enough, they
were using an ice fishing rod, mostly picking the lure straight up, then moving
it a foot or two by walking along the side of the tank, then letting it fall
straight back down. A quite unrealistic way to  retrieve a lure. Almost like
gigging, only moving while doing so.

I wonder how the lure would have acted if it had been cast 20 or 30 feet,
instead of 5 or 6 feet, then played the way they were playing it, only from a
stationary point.

I am not inferring that is what I see with this thread, it just made me think
of that show and how the men were demonstrating their lure.

This is a quite interesting thread to me. I have often wondered what the line
looked like from underneath. Not enough to get in the water and find out, but
interested none the less.

Thanks for posting it.

Tight lines,

Salty Dan
Orange Texas.

If at first you don't succeed, maybe you shouldn't try sky diving!