TO: VFB MEMBERS
FROM: VFB LIST MANAGERS:
JIMMY D. MOORE, ALLAN FISH, SALTY DAN

For several months, I and several other VFB members have felt that
our Beloved VFB is slowly dying. There are several indicators that
point to the demise of the VFB. (1.) From an alltime high of 600+
members just a few years ago to the current 220 VFB members. Of the
220 members, (2.) I recognize only 41 names/email addresses.  I've been
on the list for nearly 10 years and pretty well knew all the active
members. I had over 70 VFB members on my Joke for the Day list.

(3.) There's very few posts each day, not at all like the 15 to 20 we
used to have, back in the days when some would complain about the VFB
clogging their In-box. (4.) When a question was posed to the list, you
could always count on 5 - 10 good sound answers for your problem. Nowadays
very few questions get answered.

We had some mighty good threads, like spine vs spline, furled vs mono
leaders, and on and on. And yes, there was a lot of (5.)good natured
"Banter'. People now seem to be afraid to kid one another for fear of
being taken the wrong way.

What I'm getting at is for VFB members to e-mail me off list with your
suggestions of how to "jump start" the VFB and get'er running at full
throttle again. I'll take your suggestions and incorporate them into
an answer back to you.  All suggestions will be listed in my e-mail
answer to the group. I don't want the VFB to die. It would definitely
put a big hole in things I love most.

Before I forget it, if you'll look at the bottom of each VFB post you'll
notice that LinesEnd fly shop is the sponsor of the VFB e-mail list.  We
have Byard Miller, list owner to thank for keeping the VFB available.
One last thing. The Virtual Flybox Website no longer exists. It got to
the point that Byard just didn't have the time to devote to keeping it
current.

Best Personal Regards,

JIMMY D, <ray...@earthlink.net>