From: Wayne Blake-Hedges <wayneb22...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [VFB] RE:2010 in my retrospect
To: "virtual flybox" <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Date: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 4:47 PM

Hi All;
Looking back on 2010 flrom a flyfishing/tying retrospect, it was a pretty good
one for me.

I only wet a line twice, didn't catch anything, but I defiently made a lot of
friend is the flyfishing/tying community.

It all started when Tony Spezio convinced me to go to SowBug.  Not only that,
Tony hooked me up with someone to Carpool the 18hr drive with, fellow VFB'er
Scott Bearden.  Suprisingly, Scott and I hit it off from the start, I felt like
I knew him quite well by the time we made it to Mountain Home Arkansas.  Then I
met Tony and Dot, it was like meeting long lost relatives, their hospitaltiy
was amazing.  I quickly befriended one of Tony's other friends Jim Hatfield and
his wife Fonda.  Again it was like meeting another set of long lost relatives.
Once at Sowbug, I meet Allen Fish and he gets up to shake my hand as thow he's
known me all his life,  next Joe Fusco same as Allen.  Joe wants me to sit down
and tie with him.  Many others are repeats,  Jeff Hines(Jeff & I share  a love
for flyrodding for bass and its famous authors), Toby Vaughn-Toby I gotta go
fishing with ya this year!  The
 list goes on and on as Tony knows everybody and introduces me to many, He and
Denny Conrad spent quite a bit of time prior to my arrival setting me up with a
bunch of Denny's feathers tailored to my tying level.  Others include Skip
Shorb, Jay "Fishy" Fullum, Luther Huff, Kyle Hand, Buck Hall and many othes
I've probably forgot.

Upon arriving home from one of my most enjoyable ventures of 2010, I was
invited to join this list.  Now, I have a whole bunch of friends yet to meet.
I did meet one from vfb late this year,  Bob Hendry who lives quite close and I
imagine we will share a few fishing/tying adventures in this new year.

Although not much fishing was accomplished by me in 2010, I feel that I
recieved the Lions share of fly fishing & tying friends last year and feel
truly blessed.

A great deal of thanks to Tony Spezio for starting me on such a great adventure!

How does everyone else view 2010???

Wayneb