Sounds good Chuck.   One extra step I do to help secure the mono is to
flatten the end
with a pair of flat-nosed pliers from my radio building bench.  Probalby
not necessary
with superglue.   But as Tony says:  "Everybody should do what pleases
them."

Gary L Webb  NI9V

             "Chuck Alexander"
             <chuckalexan...@h
             ughes.net>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
             vfb-m...@googlegr                                          cc
             oups.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [VFB] RE: What's everybody
             01/06/2011 08:08          tying??
             AM

             Please respond to
             vfb-m...@googlegr
                 oups.com

Tom: With 20 pound mono. When I tie these flies, the FIRST think I do is to
take a fingernail file and rough up the shank of the leading hook so that
it will grip the glue and the mono better. Then, I cut a piece of 3inch or
so of the 20 pound mono, lay one end down along the shank of that front
hook. I  then tie it down with a base of 3/0 thread I then super glue all
that  to the shank. I remove that hook from the vise, put the second hook
in the vise. Tie the back half of the wooly bugger on that back hook. Then,
put the front hook back into the vise. I then pull the mono through the eye
of the rear hook, tie that to the shank real well. Then clip the mono off.
Then, superglue that down to the shank. Then, tie the front wooly bugger
onto the front hook as normal, and that's it. Clear as mud??? Chuck